- Our Company
- Our Expertise
- Blog + News
- Contact Us
As a leading private equity firm approached its initial public offering, it became concerned about the publication of certain news stories about the company and their executives and, in particular, how those stories remained prominent on the Internet and through Google searches. The company wanted to raise awareness of their story, but as a financial services firm, they had little experience in content marketing and were concerned about FINRA and other regulations.
Our objective was to properly tell the firm’s story in advance of the initial public offering, while minimizing the effect of any lingering negative publicity.
Lumentus audited the online presence for the company and 15 senior executives, identified the highest risks and built a phased program to address their immediate concerns and long-term business objectives. The immediate steps included:
· Capturing the name space on all social media sites
· Removing and deleting name squatters
· Optimizing existing company assets to ensure search prominence and brand profile
· Coordinating with public relations and other communications efforts to ensure maximum visibility of positive assets
· Contacting partners and philanthropic organizations to ensure positive social work was properly described on online assets
Over time, we worked with the client on their ongoing communication efforts and helped further improve their digital reputation through:
· Collaboration on a website overhaul which included creation of a corporate social responsibility section
· Proper optimization of ongoing news and information
· Repurposing and online distribution of speeches, public presentation and other videotaped events
· Development of social media guidelines and approved use of Twitter
Through Lumentus’ proprietary search measurement technology and methodology, we removed all negative listings from the first page of primary search engine results. We demonstrated that the client’s owned digital assets moved from 3% of the namespace to more than 50% – meaning that, when people were researching the company and its executives online, more than 16 times the amount of company content was found.
Over the course of our relationship, the client moved – gradually – from a public-fearing organization to one that accepts their public profile and is now widely recognized as a thought leader in the industry.
Situation: A leading hedge fund took a more activist role in its investments and found this change for a “private firm” was difficult because it … READ MORE
Situation: As a leading private equity firm approached its initial public offering, it became concerned about the publication of certain news stories about the company … READ MORE
Situation: When a large national online and bricks-and-mortar retailer faced a major litigation crisis, Lumentus was asked to provide counsel and execute strategic initiatives to … READ MORE
Situation: A leading private equity firm was concerned that certain executives were appearing in news reports for personal behavior and they wanted to understand how … READ MORE